Well there are these things called threadbombs. Kind of like the saying 'a picture is worth a thousand words', only these are for forum posts. So I made a few, check 'em out!
With the new Star Trek XI movie hitting the theaters, more people are putting aside their regular mundane issues of life and death, and asking themselves the really tough questions:
Am I a Star Trek fan? Or am I a Trekkie?
Here's a quick sorter to give you a rough idea!
- What's better: BoBW or TATV?
- Who do you go drinking with - B4 or Lore? Who waters your plants when you're on vacation?
- You fall in love with a Vulcan. Where & when do you spend your first "honeymoon"?
- Where in the Star Trek universe can you find the elusive "Freakasaurus"?
- You're having a baby. Either Noonian or Arik will be driving you to the hospital. Who do you choose?
- You're married. Who nags you about your socks on the floor?
- Your next accountant: Quark or Rom?
- What ship makes Picard nostalgic?
- Corbomite or Carbonite?
- You're at Sisko's for dinner with Nog and Counselor Troi. Do you eat the the gumbo or have what Troi is having for dessert?
- Archer & T'Pol discovered a nebula. What did they name it?
- Why was Archer so sympathetic with Trip after the promotion of the Cogenitor?
- Why can there be no justice?
- The Borg have found your shield frequency. Orders, Captain?
- What has no bloody A,B,C, or D, and where is it?
- Who seeks "Peaceful Coexistence"?
- A galactic lifeform has imprinted on your ship and is sucking the energy dry. Simplified metaphor, Captain?
- Why did Beverly know she was caught in a warp bubble?
- Was DaVinci a fat guy or a thin guy?
- Prax: Moon, Ship, or Forehead?
Calculating Your Trek Mojo:< 0
- What's better: BoBW or TATV? [BoBW - Best of Both Worlds]
- Who do you go drinking with - B4 or Lore? Who waters your plants when you're on vacation? [Lore, B4]
- You fall in love with a Vulcan. Where & when do you spend your first "honeymoon"? [You "Pon Farr" on Vulcan - which could be anything up to seven years from now]
- Where in the Star Trek universe can you find the elusive "Freakasaurus"? [Earth, Los Angeles, 1996, what Rain Robinson called Tuvok]
- You're having a baby. Either Noonian or Arik will be driving you to the hospital. Who do you choose? [Arik if you want to get there in time, Noonien if you want your baby to have an evil twin]
- You're married. Who nags you about your socks on the floor? [Why that's Keiko O'Brien, of course]
- Your next accountant: Quark or Rom? [Quark if you want to keep your shirt!]
- What ship makes Picard nostalgic? [the Stargazer]
- Corbomite or Carbonite? [Corbomite]
- You're at Sisko's for dinner with Nog and Counselor Troi. Do you eat the the gumbo or have what Troi is having for dessert? [Try the dessert, it's chocolate! Unless you like mealworm gumbo?]
- Archer & T'Pol discovered a nebula. What did they name it? [the Robinson Nebula, after Archer's fellow astronaut]
- Why was Archer so sympathetic with Trip after the promotion of the Cogenitor? [Trick question! The Cogenitor died, and Archer was livid with Trip]
- Why can there be no justice? [So long as laws are absolute! Judge Aaron Satie as quoted by Picard]
- The Borg have found your shield frequency. Orders, Captain? [Um, I think you'd better rotate the frequency PDQ!]
- What has no bloody A,B,C, or D, and where is it? [A holo-representation of the Enterprise Bridge as programmed by Captain Scott, on the holodeck of the Picard's Enterprise D]
- Who seeks "Peaceful Coexistence"? [Commander Remmick, taken over by parasitic aliens in TNG's Conspiracy]
- A galactic lifeform has imprinted on your ship and is sucking the energy dry. Simplified metaphor, Captain? [Sour the milk! Sour the milk!]
- Why did Beverly know she was caught in a warp bubble? [Because if there was nothing wrong with her, there must be something wrong with the universe!]
- Was DaVinci a fat guy or a thin guy? [THIN! DaVinci was a THIN guy, when Captain Kirk and Mr Spock met him. Captain Janeway's holoprogram of DaVinci was a FAT GUY]
- Prax: Moon, Ship, or Forehead? [Forehead! This was Devore Commander Kashyk's second in command when they boarded Voyager for inspection in "Counterpoint"].
You are what is known as a "moviegoer". But there is hope for you! Take this test again in a few weeks. If your score has improved, you are metamorphosing into a Trekkie!<10
You are a Star Trek fan
. Chin up! Even Zephram Cochrane had to start with a dream (and a nuclear warhead). You have an application to Starfleet Academy. Do you mail it in? The choice is yours. The choice is yours.11-16 Correct:
You are a Trekkie
! Congratulations would be given, but none are required. You are already too cool for internet social affirmation. So crack open a bottle of Aldeberran whisky and a plate of Racht, pop in your favorite Trek DVD and live the life of the righteous!17-20 Correct:
Are you wearing your uniform right now? Go and put it on, you know you want to! You are a Trekker
though you may self-deprecatingly refer to yourself as a Trekkie
. You know everything from the first words of the Horta to what day the new torpedoes are arriving to what Phlox secretly feeds Porthos. Book yourself a Vulcan neuropressure session - you deserve it!20^n Correct:
You are the Cytherian Barclay of Star Trek Knowledge and this test fills you with righteous superior scorn! You warrant a continuum or wormhole in which to dwell in your hyperadvanced Trekdom!
Remember kids, knowing is half the battle. Q'Pla!
Ok, hello folks, and welcome to Atlas Geekography. My name is Frank, my pen name is Frank Atlas, a.k.a. Triskelion on the Trek BBS.
This website is under construction so bear with me. As you can see I hope to create a single site where you can get all your favorite science fiction TV episodes & films (films based on sci fi TV shows, for the most part, rather than the whole film genre). Here at AG you can get your series fix all in one place.
So what is Atlas Geekography?
- a quick episode reference. Which one was that when Captain Kirk fought the guy in the silver shirt? We've got that one, and synopses of all the best sci fi series episodes, by title, air date, and story summary. Now when fans bandy titles about you don't have to research all over the place just to jump into a geeky conversation. It's all right here.
- a place to watch episode videos. Now, in no way do I wish to violate IP of any series. The studios made a product we all love and deserve to be paid for it. However, you'll find that some of these series are already available for free mass consumption; in those cases, I will scour the internet to bring you the links, or embed the vids conveniently. I can't guarantee links to offsite videos are licensed, and I make no express claim to responsibility for those sites. If you find a copyright violation, please inform me so I can remove the link ASAP. All copyrights are retained by the original production companies.
- a place to read searchable text versions of episode scripts & transcripts.
- a place to read & write episode reviews; I will look around the internet to aggregate reviews, giving credit where it is due. Again, I just want Atlas Geekography to be a place that collects this stuff in one place so you don't have to go around looking for it. No IP violation is intended or claimed. If you contribute, please source your cut & paste jobs accordingly so we fans can find those cool websites too.
- a place to rate each episode & post comments. Each series episode will have its own subforum for a ratings poll and comments section, and you don't have to be a member to post. Anonymous posts will be allowed, just like on Youtube, but unlike Youtube, crapslingers can "Consider yourself erased". I promise to respond to trolls with arbitrary force and reckless abandon, and no explanations given.
- a place to buy, sell & trade your fan merchandise. There is a free photo classifieds forum called the Alien Flea Market. Link to your ebay shop, advertise your Con table, or trade pikachu cards - whatever floats your boat.
Anyway, comments & suggestions are welcome as I build this site.